Sunday, September 27, 2009

ugh

Well, as expected, this pregnancy didn't go anywhere. My repeat beta was down to something like 3, and I started to bleed that afternoon.

The same day we had an appt. with RE#2, who is recommending Clomid + IUI. We're so frustrated. I thought having just turned 42 and having a blocked tube would fast-track us to IVF, but RE#2 is pretty sure our ins. co. will want us to do some Clomid rounds first.

So unless I'm one of those miracle cases that produces tons of eggs on Clomid (has anyone had that experience? Most people I know just get one.), there's a good chance I'll be doing Clomid + IUI even on months when I'm ovulating on my blocked tube side, which is pretty close to pointless.

I'll be duking it out on the phone with the insurance co. next week.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that sounds like a complete waste of time and money. I hope your insurance company has no protocol to follow and that you can go straight to the most productive treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! That's the pits. Insurance companies are so freakin' ridiculous. Good luck in the ring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just checking in to see how you're doing. I know you're in the process of trying to sort it all out. But I missed you and just wanted to say "hi!"

    ReplyDelete