Tuesday, November 10, 2009

just in time for thanksgiving...the turkey baster!

Well, we finally have a plan. RE#2 and my insurance co. are on board with me doing an IUI with injectibles next cycle, so that's the plan. Now I'm just hanging out waiting for AF to start so we can get this party started. And trying not to chicken out about giving myself shots. Or having my husband (who faints at the sight of blood) do it.

I know a lot can go wrong. Too many eggs = no IUI. Just one egg on the blocked tube side probably means no IUI either. I tried to explain what an IUI is to my Mom. To simplify, I told her it's basically the Turkey Baster method, but done in a dr.'s office. Funny that if all goes well we'll be Turkey Basting Thanksgiving weekend.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to have something to laugh at...

    And injections are not as bad in reality as they are in your imagination.

    Good luck! Hope this is your best Thanksgiving weekend ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love it when you get the green light!! Trust me the shots are not bad at all. Just don't chicken out and do a hesitation stab and then try again. (It dulls the needle and it will be a little more painful than if you had just went for it in the first place.) And if you're doing something that you mix, like Menopur, just inject slowly so your body has a chance to absorb all that liquid. See, easy shmeezy!

    I love the turkey baster analogy! I used the garage door to explain it. (As in, the doctor will park DH's sperm at my garage door and they will just wait for my car to pull out so that they can hitch a ride.)

    Good luck!! I'll be shooting tons of positive energy your way!!

    ReplyDelete