Sunday, December 20, 2009

it's a two-fer...

So we got our u/s Friday. It was 5 weeks 2 days since my IUI. Baby A was measuring 5 wks 1 day. Baby B was 5 weeks 2 days. Yes, it's twins!!! We're so excited, but so cautious since we're only seeing sacs at this point and I have a horrible track record with all of this. We're going back on the 29th, which should tell us more.

There was a 3rd thing that the u/s tech labeled "???? 3rd sac?", but my RE isn't convinced that it was actually a sac so we're just keeping an eye on it.

We were so shocked since we thought we only had 2 mature eggs with one on the bad tube side, but the tech said I had 1 or 2 others that probably caught up before the IUI.

I was over the moon happy on Friday. Today I'm trying to enjoy it, but already worried that real morning sickness hasn't kicked in yet. I just want some sign that this pg. is different and that these two will stick!

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! YIPEEE!!!!! You can't see me but I'm grinning ear to ear and jumping up and down for you!!! Hooray!!!!

    p.s. You might not get morning sickness. A lot of people who do injectables don't because you already have elevated hormone levels. I only felt a little queasy during the end of the 1st trimester and only when I was driving to work in the morning. Try hard not to sweat the small stuff yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations - can't wait to hear what the next ultrasound reveals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just spent my lunch hour reading your blog (after I Googled "Are my eggs bad? I can't stay pregnant!" Yes, I'm crazy. ;) And I'm just SO happy for you. Congratulations! I look forward to reading more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for being my cheerleaders with this one! Babydreaming, I can't tell you how many times I have Googled something similar. I'll be sure to check out your blog too...

    ReplyDelete