Wednesday, January 6, 2010

our best ultrasound ever...

Today we saw our little bean measuring right on track at 8 weeks, with a good strong heartbeat of 164. We are still in happy shock. I've never had a 100% good u/s before! We got released back to my obgyn (also a first), and we see him in 2 weeks.

We're trying to remember that there is a long road ahead and a lot that can still go wrong, but are feeling so hopeful. The RE said considering my age (42) our next big hurdle is genetic testing.

There seems to be confusion about the SCH/bleed...the u/s tech we saw last week saw one. The tech this week saw what she thinks might be a non-developing 3rd sac (the thing we saw at the first u/s) and a fibroid, but no bleed. The RE said no exercise, but I'm OK for normal activity otherwise.

Our little one has a head, and arm and leg buds. I'm just in awe.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! That's the best!! I've been holding my breath for you. Love that news! Love it!!

    Big, big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope the good news just keeps on coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I have been complusively checking your blog for news -- and this is JUST the news I was hoping for! Congratulations!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! It is so nice to have (semi)anonymous cheerleaders in this process. :-)

    ReplyDelete