Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's a Boy!

Well, we had our 20-week ultrasound last week and we're having a BOY! Of course, I'd be just equally happy if we were having a girl. It's just so exciting to know more about our Bean.

Our appt. wasn't without some worry...there was a little extra fluid in one of the kidneys, which they said could be a soft marker for Down Syndrome. I guess soft markers show up all the time in kids with the average number of chromosomes too, so they told us to try not to worry too much. My first tri genetic screening came back negative for Down Syndrome, as did my quad screen. However, the bloodwork part of my quad screen was positive for Down Syndrome and no one told me. (My doctor was out so I saw someone else in the practice, but I'll be giving my doc an earful next time I see him.) The dr. we saw at this visit told us odds are our baby is fine. We know we're going to love him like crazy no matter what, but it would be nice to know before he's born if he may have special challenges. I just can't bring myself to do an amnio at this point. It just seems too invasive.

Other than that I can eat again, and am actually getting to the point where I may have to start keeping an eye on my diet so I don't go too crazy. Mostly, I'm just starting to believe that someday I might really get to meet my SON!

No comments:

Post a Comment