Friday, August 21, 2009

Wheat Withdrawal

Is it really day 4? It's all become one big gluten-free blur.

I've done a little more research, and near as I can tell the reason the acu wants me to give up wheat is because some studies have linked RPL to undiagnosed mild(er) celiac disease. But wouldn't it just make to test me rather than de-bread me?

A friend who has eaten a lot of gluten-free stuff because her mom has severe celiac says I won't feel as gross and bloated after I eat gluten-free pasta. I tried it, and I think the words she was actually looking for were not "gross and bloated," but:

satisfied
full
sated
satiated

I could go on, but you get the idea.

But before I go off on too much of rant against my new gluten-free substitutes, I stepped on the scales today and found out I've lost 2 pounds. It's not all bad.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen gluten free brownies in the store. Someone tells me to stop eating wheat, that's exactly where I'd be heading!

    Congrats on the weight loss, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! Thank goodness you can laugh about this. It sounds pretty rough. But, I guess just keep your eye on the prize!

    ReplyDelete